So, I'm proposing a different list. I'll probably retain some of the more funky ideas from BU's list, but I'd like to diversify the list a bit. I'll start with some obvious ones. Please comment or e-mail me with things to add to the list. I'll put in links at some point, I promise.
1. Volunteer to serve a meal at somewhere like Rosie's Place, Women's Lunch Place, or Boston Rescue Mission.
2. Attend the yearly Pride Parade or related events.
3. Eat Ethiopian food at somewhere like Addis Red Sea, Fasika, or Asmara. You get to eat with your hands!
4. Check out a reading or workshop at The Center for New Words.
5. Visit the ether dome at MGH.