The Mass. House of Representatives will vote on critical disability-related amendments in the coming days. Many legislators have already signed on to co-sponsor these amendments, but we need them now to make it a priority as the full House debates them. Ask your Rep. to give them his/her full support.
Family Supports, Day/Employment, Transportation, Turning 22 Annualization and Salary Reserve all remain in jeopardy. If these cuts are not restored, thousands of individuals with disabilities and their families may lose services.
Please email your Rep. and follow-up with a phone call asking her or him for their full support. (If your Rep. is one of the sponsors listed below, thank them for their leadership and ask them to support the others.)
- Employment/Day (5920-2025): needs $7.45 Million to be restored -- Rep. Scibak
- Transportation (5911-2000): needs 2009 increase annualized, $3.6 Million -- Rep. Peisch
- Turning 22 (5920-5000): funded at $7.7 Million, but language needs to be inserted for 2011 annualization of $18.6 Million - Rep. Harkins
- Salary Reserve (1599-6901): needs $23 Million to be restored, Reps. Khan, Coakley-Rivera & St. Fleur
- Community First (4000-0650): needs $3 Million, Rep. Keenan
- DPPC (1107-2501): needs $71,500 to maintain current level of services -- Rep. Calter
- Early Intervention (4513-1020): needs $9.2 Million - Rep. Kafka